This is a song that's been bouncing around my head a lot recently. I watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty a couple of months ago, and really enjoyed it. I'm not going to spoil the ending, but it was a very well put-together story. A lot of it revolves around the beauty of travel and 'sucking the marrow out of life', as it were. It's must-watch for anyone who needs some encouragement to step outside of their comfort zone and follow their sparks of madness.
One of the best parts about that song are the wonderful lyrics. I tend to get swayed by music a lot: if there's a sad song on I get sentimental, and an empowering one makes me feel like I can conquer the world. When I took a bunch of kids to Colorado in March, I slipped this one here on to my 'inspirational' CD mix. The first time it came on, it was several hours into the journey and we were driving past some truly impressive mountains. I like to think that they got something out of hearing it then, too.
Right now I'm also reading a book by the author of the Secret Life of Bees. In it she recounts traveling with her daughter during a tumultuous time in both their lives, and the process of deciding to write the 'bee book' that had been buzzing around (heh) in her mind for a long time. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it's also proving helpful during this tricky transition time for me.
I think we all have those inner dreams and secret stories we want to tell, or make known. Right now I'm trying to hold on to mine.
"There is a truth and it's on our side. Dawn is coming, open your eyes."
No comments:
Post a Comment